There are three ways to arrange for a carriage ride:
- MAKE A RESERVATION - Call 512-243-0044 to make a reservation. Rides are held with a valid credit card number and personal contact information. You will have up to two hours before your reservation time in order to cancel if needed. Please make sure to check in with your driver within the first 5 minutes of your reservation to avoid your card being charged full price.
- CALL TO HAVE A CARRIAGE SENT TO YOU - Call 512-243-0044 for a dispatch to your location. Dispatch can tell you how soon the carriage can arrive at your location, or if there is any additional cost for your particular pick up location.
- LOCATE A CARRIAGE NEAR YOU - Walk up and speak with a driver about our services. Our drivers are happy to inform you of the several options we can provide in the downtown area. Drivers may be waiting on a reservation but can certainly help you secure another carriage for your evening.
PRICES : Cash price for your group of up to 6 people, picking up within our regular service area (see below).
- 30 min service = $60
- 45 min service = $90
- 60 min service = $ 120
- 75 min service (Complete Downtown Sights) = $150
- 75 min RIDE (Old West Austin Neighborhood) = $150
Additional Costs: Paying with a check or credit card will add $10.00 to the cash price. If you do not call and cancel your STANDARD STREET SERVICE RESERVATION 2 hour before time of service you will be charged for the service you requested. Please make sure to check in with your driver within the first 5 minutes of your reservation to avoid your card being charged full price.
Services: Ride or Tour? (which one best suits your needs?)
Ride- Your driver will be delighted to interact with you, answer questions, and explain anything along your route.
Tour- Your driver will be sharing highlights of the downtown Austin area past, present, and future.
Available Service Hours:
Our service hours are year round, Sunday - Thursday, dusk to 11 P.M. and as late as 1 A.M on Fridays and Saturdays.
Closed every other Monday.
City regulations on weather conditions and road closures can effect our hours of service. Please call 512-243-0044 to be sure that carriages are operating during the time frame you desire.
- Capitol and Congress Avenue- A panoramic view of Congress Avenue to the state capitol.
- Lady Bird Lake- Scenic ride along the lake with spectacular views of the Austin skyline.
- Entertainment Districts- Take a ride through Austin's famous entertainment districts. Enjoy the sights and sounds that make Austin the " Live music capitol of the world".
- Historic Homes- Visit eleven of Austin's finest historic homes from the 19th century. This tour includes the capitol and Governor's mansion.
- Romance Ride- An area including 40 medallion homes and 15 state landmarks. This ride is for romantics, with no driver interruption.
- Complete Sites- See the grandeur of what makes Austin's downtown area so attractive. Includes Congress, the Capitol, Historic Homes, Lady Bird Lake, and the Entertainment Districts.
Please Note: Our Regular Service Area are inside the boundaries of: Cesar Chavez, Red River, 6th Street and Guadalupe. We may charge additional fees for services outside of this area.
Phone: 512-243-0044 or AustinCarriage@gmail.com
Historic Tours, Romantic Rides
& Transportation Services
PLEASE NOTE: Our Standard Rates are not available during the following Holiday Seasons: Valentine's (February 12th - 16th) and Christmas/New Years (December 5th - 31st). Please see our Special Events page for reservation details during these dates.